Saturday, May 18, 2013

Renewed Love

I have to be honest, I was not looking forward to all of our children growing up and leaving home. I had made the sinful mistake of putting our children first over my husband. I know many mommas have done the same thing. It is so easy to do since our children are so needy, especially when they are young. However, that is not pleasing to God. He has answered my prayer to give me a renewed love for my husband. I forgot what an  amazingly loving man I am married to. He has the best laugh I have ever heard and his kisses still give me goosebumps! We have enjoyed getting to know one another again and doing whatever *we* feel like doing. I have to admit, it's been pretty fun :o)

Saturday morning we got up early and headed out to a flea market and farmers market. All the fresh produce looked and smelled so yummy. We bought strawberries, avocados, cherries, oranges, and tomatoes all for only $15.00 The oranges are BIGGER than grapefruit!
 




 
Now that's a BIG pot and spoon!
 
After that, we drove around and looked at different neighborhoods. We are renting right now so we like to scout out where to possibly buy when our lease is up here. After all that strenuous work of driving, we were getting hungry, so we headed over to Red Lobster. We had a gift certificate we received from one of our daughters and her husband for our anniversary. Our anniversary was April 20th which happened to be right in the middle of our two daughters weddings so we decided to wait to celebrate after all the wedding festivities were over. The meal was DELICIOUS!! Lobster, crab legs, shrimp two ways, baked potato, and Caesar salad.
Since our girls didn't take their beds with them when they got married, we decided to list them on Craig's list. We sold one the very next day so we took that money and bought ourselves a new queen mattress and box spring for only $15.00 more than we sold the other bed. We put our old bed in the guest bedroom. (The new bed is the one with the black headboard and footboard)
 
 
We were both pretty wore out after our adventures today so we headed home. We did decide to make one last stop and that was at the Truckee River. I could sit and look  at and listen to water for hours. It's so relaxing. 

 



 
I have no idea what kind of flowering tree this is but is smells wonderful. It has beautiful purple flowers all over it.
 
We had a wonderful day and my heart is filled with gratitude and joy!



No comments:

Post a Comment