Friday, May 10, 2013

~Chicken Veggie Spaghetti~

A friend of mine gave me this recipe many years ago. It is so good and so fresh. I love all the veggies in it. You can really add whatever kind of veggies you like. Since I liked all the ones in the recipe, I just left it as is. I usually make my own spaghetti sauce, but if I'm feeling a bit lazy, I use store bought. Here's the recipe. I hope you try it (and love it)!

Chicken Veggie Spaghetti
 
2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 c. chopped carrots
2 c. chopped zucchini
2 c. sliced mushrooms
1 c. chopped green pepper
1 c. chopped onions
Brown chicken in 1/4 c. olive oil w/ 2 minced garlic cloves
Add carrots, green pepper & onions. When those are tender, add mushrooms & zucchini. Add 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Place in 9x13 baking dish. Top w/ 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese. Bake 30 min at 350. Serve over cooked pasta.

The sauteed veggies before I add the sauce

Spaghetti sauce added and topped with shredded cheddar cheese :o)

~Fresh out of the oven~ (It smells fantastic!)

We usually serve it with French bread but this time I made garlic sourdough bread.
It was sooooooo yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment