Friday, April 12, 2013

Why Have We Stopped Protecting Our Daughters?

This topic that is very near and dear to my heart, especially since we have three lovely daughters.

When we first began having children, we were not Christians. We didn't know the ways of training up a child in the way he/she should go. So, we did what we knew. We did what most everyone else did. I took advice from my unsaved Momma because I trusted what she said.

After we were saved, we realized that most of what we knew about anything (and everything) was WRONG according to God's Word and His standards. Since I'm a slow learner, it took me many years to figure out what God was trying to teach me. I am so thankful that He is a patient and loving God.

I didn't know about modesty, purity, protecting our daughters, courtship, homeschooling, and numerous other things God has taught us over the years. Unfortunately, I feel like we failed our first daughter terribly because we didn't know these things. She had to suffer some things that we could have protected her from had we known. Thankfully, she has forgiven us and has turned out to be an amazing young woman who loves the Lord.

Two of our daughters are now married and our third daughter will be married in just 3 short weeks. We are so thankful that God has blessed them all with wonderful, loving husbands.

I came across these blogs I thought they very good and wanted to share them with you.
    
 
It is so important to raise our children (daughters, as well as sons), with godly principles. Don't try and grow them up too fast. Let them enjoy being children.

I see it far too often, little girls looking like they are 16 (or older). They are dressed inappropriately, wearing make-up, walking and talking seductively. It's very sad. They are attracting the wrong kind of audience.


I could write all day on this topic, but will close for now. Read the article. Search the scriptures. See what God is saying about raising your daughter. Not just about dress, but about protecting them, music they listen to, books they read, shows they watch on T.V., friends they spend time with (even Christian friends). If we don't protect them, who will?


No comments:

Post a Comment