Friday, March 29, 2013

~David~

Today family and friends will gather to remember my brother David. Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there since I am 1700 miles away.

David, was my oldest brother. He was 14 years my senior. He left to serve in Viet Nam when I was only 4 years old. When he returned a couple of years later, he got married and moved away so we never really knew each other very well.

After I got married and had children of my own is when we really became close. David loved our girls. He always told me what a good mom I was and what wonderful children we had. He loved spending time with them. The girls loved him in return.

David always had a joke to tell and was known for his crazy face he made and his infectious laugh. Most people didn't see the softer side of David because he didn't let it show too often. I knew it was there though. I seen it in the way he looked at my girls, how he shared his heart with them when no one else was around. He was loved by us and will be greatly missed by many!

That smile and laugh that made everyone around him laugh!

David and our girls on his brthday

*The Face*

No comments:

Post a Comment