Monday, March 18, 2013

Borrowed Time


My oldest brother is in the hospital right now and has numerous medical issues. We have been praying for his physical health, but most importantly, his spiritual health. He doesn't know Jesus as his Savior and that scares me. I love my brother very much and I want him to go to heaven when his time on earth is over.
Yesterday while we were in church, I noticed everyone in my family checking their cell phones. I thought that was rather strange. We all turn our ringers off as to not be disruptive to the service. But obviously someone was trying to reach us. So, I checked my phone and noticed I had 3 missed calls and a voice mail from my youngest brother. I knew something was wrong so I left the service to call him.
Come to find out, my oldest brother went into cardiac arrest and we lost him. However, by the grace of God, they were able to revive him! He has another chance at life, eternal life! While I have shared Jesus with him in the past, he was never too interested. I am hoping, praying that the Lord would soften his heart, open his spiritual eyes and ears and God would save him. Please keep my dear brother in your prayers. His name is David. None of us know when our time here is over. We need to be ready to meet our Creator. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment