Friday, July 12, 2013

My Minnesota Trip

This post is taken from parts of my journal while I was in Minnesota. I LOVED BEING HOME! I loved being able to spend time with my family and friends back there. I forgot just how much I loved the beauty of Minnesota. Some things I didn't miss too much, like HUMIDITY! But, it was worth it to be with my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson :o)

Friday, June 28th
 
Michael brought me to the airport at 3:00 this afternoon. My flight was scheduled to leave at 5:05 but when we arrived at the airport, they said there would be a 15 minute delay. We figured no big deal. So we sat and talked for a bit then it was time for me to say goodbye. I hate goodbyes! We hugged and kissed and both cried. I went through security and found a place to sit as I waited to board. There was some lightening and a little rain which made our flight be delayed until almost 6:30! We were finally able to board our plane and I was on my way. Thankfully, I had a nice lady to chat with on the way to Phoenix.  We landed safely in Phoenix. I didn’t have to change planes so I just stayed on the plane while almost everyone left. Then people began boarding for the flight to Minneapolis. We had another delay because of a problem with some of the landing gear. I was feeling a bit anxious because I did NOT want to miss this trip! We were finally cleared and on our way to Minnesota. My plane was originally supposed to land at 12:25 a.m. but I didn’t actually arrive until 3:00 a.m. Kelli was at the airport waiting for me with a big smile and a hug! We had a 45 minute trip home to her house where we proceeded to go straight to bed. I have the guest room directly below Quade’s room. About 7:00 a.m. I was awakened to the sound of his sweet baby voice. I immediately got up and went upstairs to see him. Chet was up with him so Kelli could sleep in a bit. Quade looked very surprised to see me in person instead of on face time.


Saturday, June 29th
We stayed home and visited most of the day. Kelli and I went to Wal-Mart to get a few groceries. It was so nice spending time with her and just seeing her face to face. We laughed and talked and enjoyed each other’s company.

Sunday, June 30th

I woke up a little late this morning. When I got up, everyone was already up and dressed for church. Kelli had made wonderful homemade blueberry muffins.  We left the house and drove to church. I had never been to Chet and Kelli’s church before and I was really looking forward to it. They introduced me to their pastor and some of their friends. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. The worship team was amazing and the message was great. I must say, it was so sweet worshipping our Lord with our oldest daughter, her husband, and son. It brought tears to my eyes. After church, we went to Panera for lunch. We then went to Shane Company so I could drop off my wedding ring to be cleaned and have a ring that belonged to my mother re-sized so I could wear it. We then headed home. We took a family walk together and that was nice, but it about did me in. I think I have been trying to do too much too soon after just having surgery a few weeks ago and the H*U*M*I*D*I*T*Y. The rest of the evening we spent enjoying each other’s company and watching Quade and all the fun things he does.

Monday, July 1st

Kelli, Quade, and Me left the house about 9:15 this morning. We drove to Litchfield (about an hour away) where we used to live. We drove around the Lake and looked at different places we used to go. It brought back a lot of good memories. We stopped at Lake Ripley so Quade could play at the new playground that was recently built. It was fun watching him swing and go down the slide with his momma. He even got to put his little tootsies in the water J We headed into town to one of our favorite places “Cricket Meadow Tea” We had Panini’s for lunch and of course we had to have scones with lemon curd and Devonshire cream, YUMMY! While we were there, we ran into some old friends, Ann Jones, and Jeanne Peterson. It was nice to catch up with them and say hello. After lunch, Kelli dropped me off at where I used to get my haircut. I was so excited to get a *GOOD* haircut again. Kelli and Quade went home and my dearest friend, Anna picked me and brought me to her house. This woman is so dear to me. She knows me like no other friend I have ever had! As soon as I got in her car, she offered to take me to McDonald's for a coke. Now granted, we both know that it’s bad for us, but every now and again, one must give into their weakness and indulge! Anna got a Latte’ and I got my coke. Let me tell you, it was quite tasty!!  Since I moved to Nevada, her family has moved too, but just a few miles from where they used to live. They have a lovely home out in the country with a pond, huge trees and green grass everywhere. I felt so at home. I missed them all so much. We spent hours and hours talking and laughing. Oh how I have missed that. We finally went to bed after midnight.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Tuesday July 2nd
Anna & I had breakfast on her deck overlooking their acreage. It was so relaxing with all the wonderful birds singing. I miss that so much. After breakfast we headed to St. Cloud. We had lunch at Chipotle. It was so good and I miss that too! We stopped at Sam’s Club for a few things and then she brought me to Kelli’s house. She stayed a short while and then headed home. I so enjoyed our time together. I miss being able to share my heart with my friend. We can be real and honest with one another and still be friends. I also miss laughing with her! Kelli made a nice dinner and I treated us to DQ after Quade went to bed.

Doing what we do best.......LAUGH!


~Chicken Burrito Bowl :o)~


Wednesday, July 3rd

Kelli, Quade, and me went to lunch at Emma Krombee’s and then to Old Navy at the Albertville Outlet Mall. I bought Q a couple of shirts and a pair of jeans for his birthday. I bought myself a Red Tee-shirt for the 4th of July. We stopped at Target and picked up a few things, then headed home. I was super tired so I lay down and tried to take a nap. I actually ended up sleeping for 2 hours! I obviously needed it. Quade had some fun in his little pool on the deck. He loves water! Kelli made homemade Chicken Pot pie for supper. It was really good! Today at 5:00 Michael and I FINALLY closed on our house in Minnesota. PRAISE GOD!! I am so happy to finally have that behind us. Now we can look to the future, whatever that may be.
 
 
 


Thursday, July 4th

Chet, Kelli, Quade and me went out to lunch at Applebee’s in Elk River and then onto the Splash Pad in St. Cloud. It’s a small water park. They had an area just for toddlers. Quade seemed to like it pretty well. After that we went to some friends for a BBQ. They bought a new house on 20 acres. We visited there awhile and came home. Quade had a full day but he did very well. He’s such a good boy. We watched fireworks on TV and also could see some from the family room window.

 





Sweet Baby Toes <3

Chubby Baby Hand
 
Watching a funny video on mommy's phone

Giving Mommy kisses

 

Friday, July 5

Kelli, Quade, and me went to Shane Co. and picked up my rings. It was so nice having my wedding ring back on and also being able to wear my momma’s ring.
After that we went to a French Bakery called “Rustica” in Minneapolis. I had a Vanilla Bean Scone and Kelli had a Chocolate Croissant. We picked Chet up from work and then headed home. We played some games, watched TV and went to bed.









Saturday, July 6th

We spent the day getting decorations and food ready for Quade’s birthday party tomorrow. Kelli made cake pops, special dips, and Quade’s birthday banner. It turned out so cute. We met Tom (my step-dad) at Big Lake Pizza Factory for supper. We had a Taco pizza and a Top of the Line pizza. They were so good! I love their pizza!!



 

Sunday, July 7th

This morning just Kelli and I went to church. Chet stayed home with Quade so he could have a good morning nap. The worship at their church is so good. I had tears streaming down my face. After church we came home and got last minute things done for Q’s party. There were 27 people that came. Quade got so many nice gifts. Thank you Lord for this wonderful year watching Quade grow into such a sweet little boy. What a blessing he is to our family. I only wish we could live closer so we wouldn’t have to miss out on such a huge part of his life.

Newborn Q






 

 
A very tired 1 year old after his BIG party!
 

Monday, July 8th

We took Quade to his 1 year well baby appointment. He weighed 22.5 pounds. He is 30 3/4inches tall. Long & Lean like his Daddy and super healthy :o) We spent the afternoon and evening just talking and visiting. Quade had a bath. I read the book we got him for his birthday before he went to bed. He smelled like heaven.  He just gazed at me as I read to him. Talk about melting this Grams heart!

Tuesday, July 9th

Kelli brought Quade into my room this morning to wake me up. He crawled right up next to me with a big grin on his face. What a lovely way to wake up! After I got up I went to visit my step dad. Even though I have been there several times since Mom has passed away, today it felt so empty without her. Tom and I had a good visit for about an hour and a half. After lunch we drove to the airport and were saying our goodbyes. I opened the door to tell Quade goodbye and he just smiled and smiled at me and put both his hands on my cheeks. I couldn’t hold back the tears any longer. Leaving him was so hard. Spending these past 11 days with him (and Chet and Kelli) was so wonderful. I love them so much. I hate having kids in different states. It just tears at my heart. I loved being back in Minnesota. Everything was so green and lush and FAMILIAR. It felt like HOME! Below is just a bunch of random shots of Quade and places we went to and drove by while I was there.

Sleepy Boy

Kelli & Me being silly!

A very happy Gram with her sweet grandson





Quade giving Gram kisses <3

Gram & Quade Dancing

Quade on his airplane


Trying on Gram's shades

Taking a walk on the deck

Water table from Mommy & Daddy for his b-day

One of his favorite gifts, a hanger! :o)

Silly Mommy



Too cute for words!

 

Minnesota has some of the most beautiful old churches


WATER!! Something you don't see much of on Nevada


The Mississippi River



 
~My little heart stealer~
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment